Narendra Modi’s life introduction
Narendra Modi ji is such a personality, which is famous everywhere in the country or abroad. Modi ji is working as the 15th Prime Minister of our country. In the 2014 and 2019 general elections, Modi ji along with the Bharatiya Janata Party won a historic victory. As if Modi wave has come all over the country, most of the Indians have full faith in Modi ji that they will give them a bright future. He became the first Prime Minister of India to achieve such a victory after independence. For the second time in a row, Modi has come to power with an absolute majority. Before and after becoming the Prime Minister, he did many important works for the development of the country of India. Although Modi ji has also been found involved in many controversies, his policies have always been praised.
What important things Modi ji has done in his life and how all his life has been till now, we are trying to convey this to you through this article.
Narendra Modi’s early life (early life)
Narendra Modi was born in Vadnagar, a small town in Mehsana district of Gujarat state. When he was born, it was in Bombay but now it is currently located in Gujarat. The financial condition of Narendra Modi’s family was not good, his father was a street trader who struggled a lot to nurture his family. Modi’s mother is a homemaker woman. Modi ji along with his brothers sold tea at the railway station and then at the bus terminal to support his family. Modi ji had faced many difficulties and obstacles in his childhood days, but with the strength of his character and courage, he turned all challenges into opportunities. In this way, his early life was very struggling.
Family introduction of Narendra Modi
- Father’s Name Late Shri Damodar Das Moolchand Modi
- Mother’s Name Hira Ben
- Brothers names Soma Modi, Amrit Modi, Prahlada Modi, Pankaj Modi,
- Sister’s Name Vasanthi Ben Hasmukh Lal Modi
- Wife’s Name Jashoda Ben Chimanlal Modi
- Kids Don’t have
Family, age, caste, wife of Narendra Modi
Modi ji’s family belongs to the Modh-Ghanchi-Teli community, which belongs to the Other Backward Class category by the Government of India. Narendra Modi ji is the third child of his parents. Modi’s elder brother Soma Modi is currently 75 years old, he has been an officer of the Health Department. His second elder brother Amrit Modi is a machine operator, whose age is 72 years. After this, Modi ji has 2 younger brothers, one Prahlada Modi, who is 62 years old, runs a shop in Ahmedabad, and the other Pankaj Modi, who is working as a clerk in the information department in Gandhinagar.
Marriage of Narendra Modi – According to the traditions of the Ghanchi community, Modi ji was married to Jashoda Ben Chimanlal in 1968 at the age of 18. According to the reports, it has been said that Modi ji was not divorced from his wife, but still both of them separated from each other. Modi’s wife Jashoda Ben used to work as a teacher in a government school in Gujarat, which is now retired. Everyone wants to know how many children Narendra Modi has, let us tell you that Modi has no children. They were separated a few days after the wedding. Where is Narendra Modi ji’s house, the answer is that his name is Panchwati in Delhi, by the way, he is from Gujarat.
Narendra Modi’s Education and Starting Career
- Narendra Modi’s early education was completed from the local school in Vadnagar, he completed his higher secondary education there till 1967. After that, he left his home due to poor financial condition of his family, and then he traveled all over India and discovered diverse cultures.
- For this Modi ji visited places like Rishikesh and Himalayas located in North India. He returned to India after 2 years of touring parts of the North East. In this way, after completing his schooling, Modi ji did not do his further studies for a few years.
- Then in 1978, Modi got admission in Delhi University of India for his higher education and then in Gujarat University in Ahmedabad. There he did his bachelor’s and master’s in political science respectively.
Once a teacher of Modi ji had said that Modi ji was normal in studies, but he used to spend most of his time in library. The art of his debate was excellent.
Narendra Modi’s Starting Political Career
- After his college studies, Modi joined the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad and went to Ahmedabad to join the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a Hindu nationalist political party, as a full-time campaigner.
- During the National Emergency imposed by the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi in 1975 – 77, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh was banned. Due to which Modi ji was forced to go underground at that time and used to travel in disguise to avoid arrest.
- Modi was very active against the Emergency. At that time, he used various tactics to oppose the government, including distribution of pamphlets. This revealed his managerial, organizational and leadership skills.
- After this Narendra Modi joined politics as a political activist. He was assigned the task of writing in the RSS.
- In 1985, through the RSS, Modi ji thought about joining the Bharatiya Janata Party, that is, the BJP party. In 1987, Narendra Modi fully joined the BJP, and for the first time he helped organize the BJP’s campaign in the Ahmedabad municipal elections, in which the BJP won.
Narendra Modi’s political career
- After Narendra Modi joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 1987, he rose rapidly through the ranks, because he was a very wise man. He encouraged the privatization of businesses, small government and Hindu values. In the same year, he was elected as the General Secretary of the Gujarat branch of the party.
- Modi’s abilities within the party were recognized after helping LK Advani ji conduct his Ayodhya Rath Yatra in 1990, which became his first national level political work.
- After that, in 1991–92, Murali Manohar Joshi’s Ekta Yatra took place. Modi ji had played a major role in strengthening BJP’s presence in Gujarat after the 1990 Gujarat assembly elections.
- The party won 121 seats in the 1995 elections, making the BJP government in Gujarat for the first time. The party remained in power for a while, which ended in September 1996.
- In 1995, Modi ji was elected the national secretary of the BJP to handle activities in Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, and he shifted to New Delhi.
- In 1998, when the internal leadership dispute was going on in the BJP, Modi ji paved the way for the BJP’s election victory during that time, which successfully helped in resolving the disputes.
- After this, Modi ji was appointed general secretary this year. He was employed in this post till 2001. During that time, Modi was credited with successfully carrying out the responsibility of bringing the party organization back to different states.
Narendra Modi as Chief Minister of Gujarat (Narendra Modi as a Chief Minister of Gujarat)
- Narendra Modi first contested the Vidhan Sabha elections in 2001, and won one of the 2 seats in Rajkot. After which he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat. Actually at that time, Keshubhai Patel’s health had deteriorated and on the other hand BJP lost some assembly seats in the by-elections. After which the national leadership of BJP was handed over to Modiji by the hand of Keshubhai Patel and he was given the charge as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- On 7 October 2001, Modi was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Gujarat. After this, his successive victories went on.
- He first won the by-election for Rajkot’s ‘Second Constituency’ on 24 February 2002. He defeated Ashwin Mehta of Congress by 14,728 votes.
Narendra Modi gets ‘clean chit’ in 2002 Gujarat riots (2002 Gujarat riots)
- Three days after Narendra Modi won the by-election, a huge incident of communal violence took place in Gujarat, which resulted in the killing of 58 people. Because at that time a train filled with hundreds of passengers, mostly Hindu passengers, was set on fire near Godhra. This incident took place against Muslims against this incident. Due to which it spread all over Gujarat. And communal riots started in Gujarat. About 900 to 2,000 people lost their lives in this riot.
- During that time there was Modi ji’s government in the state, due to which he was accused of spreading this riot. Due to the allegations made on Modi ji, pressure had increased from all fours, due to which he had to resign from his Chief Minister’s post. Therefore Modi’s tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat at that time was only a few months. Then in 2009, the Supreme Court formed a team related to it, which was formed to investigate the matter. The name of this team was SIT. After a thorough investigation, this team presented a report in the Supreme Court in 2010, in which Modi ji was given a green signal in this case. However, in 2013, the investigation team was accused that they have hidden the evidence found against Modi ji.
For the second time as Chief Minister
When Modi ji got a clean chit from the court, he was again appointed as the Chief Minister of Gujarat. After Modi ji again became the Chief Minister of Gujarat, he started working for the development of the state. This also brought about a lot of changes in the state. He built technology and financial parks in the state of Gujarat. In 2007, Modi ji signed real estate investment deals worth Rs 6,600 billion in Vibrant Gujarat summit in Gujarat. After this, in July this year, Narendra Modi had completed 2,063 consecutive days as the Chief Minister, due to which he took the record of holding the post of Chief Minister of Gujarat for the longest time.
Third time as chief minister
This record of Modi ji continued even further, in the Gujarat assembly elections held in 2007, Modi won again and he became the Chief Minister for the third time there. During this tenure, Modiji paid more attention to the economic development in the state, and also focused on privatization. He encouraged his policies as a Global Manufacturing presenter to shape India. During this period of Modi ji becoming the Chief Minister, there was a great increase in the agricultural growth rate in Gujarat. Its growth was so much that it had become a much more developing state than other states of India. Modi ji arranged for the supply of electricity in rural areas, which helped to increase agriculture. Between 2011 and 2012, Modi started the Goodwill / Goodwill Mission in Gujarat. Which was started to reach the Muslim community in the state. Modi ji also undertook many fasts and believed that this step would further strengthen the atmosphere of peace, unity and goodwill of Gujarat.
Fourth time as chief minister
In 2012, Modi ji’s term of the Chief Minister ended for the third time. And again this year assembly elections were held in Gujarat. And like every year, Modi ji won this year too and appointed him to take over as the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the fourth time.
Therefore Modi was given credit for bringing prosperity and development in the state. Due to this, during that time as the head of the Gujarat government, Modi ji had made his mark as a capable ruler. He is also credited for the rapid development of the state’s economy. Apart from this, Modi ji was placed at the forefront of his and his party’s electoral performance, because he was not only the most talented leader of the party, but he had talent as a candidate for Prime Minister. However, some people believed that the state is not very good in the development, education, nutrition and poverty alleviation of the people. But still people liked him because of his actions and his policies.
Narendra Modi’s role in 2014 General Election
In June, a year after Narendra Modi became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the fourth time, he was made the President of the Bharatiya Janata Party. And in this way he appeared as the Prime Ministerial candidate in the 2014 general elections. Due to which Modi ji had to relinquish the post of Chief Minister of Gujarat. However, during that time some members of the BJP along with Lal Krishna Advani opposed this thing. But still Modi ji won both Varanasi and Vadodara seats during that time. And had made his place as the prime ministerial candidate in the upcoming general election.
During this election, Modi ji held about 437 election rallies across the country, during these rallies, Modi ji put many issues in front of the public, due to which people were impressed and voted for BJP. Then the BJP’s victory in the 2014 general election became a historic victory. This year, BJP won 282 seats out of 534 on the basis of absolute majority. And thus Narendra Modi became a new face as the Prime Minister of India.
Narendra Modi as Prime Minister (Narendra Modi as a Prime Minister)
After winning the Prime Minister’s post, on 26 May 2014, Narendra Modi sworn in as the Prime Minister and in this way he was appointed the 14th Prime Minister of the country. After Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister, people started expecting a lot from him. As the Prime Minister, Modi did many development work in India. He encouraged foreign businesses to invest in India. Modi ji implemented various rules, permits and inspections, so that business can grow more and easily. Modi ji spent less on social welfare programs, and focused more on healthcare. Apart from this, Modi ji also did many things to encourage Hindutva, defense, environment and education.
Modi ji has played his important role. Along with all these, Modi has also shown great resolve to strengthen relations with neighboring countries and improve relations with other countries of the world.
Narendra Modi’s Awards and Achievments
Narendra Modi has achieved the following achievements in his life so far –
In a survey conducted by India Today magazine in 2007, Modi ji was named as the best Chief Minister of the country.
In 2009, he was honored as the Asian winner of the FDI Personality of the Year award in FD Magazine.
After this, Modi ji’s photo was printed on the cover page of Times Asian Edition released in March 2012.
In 2014, Modi ji was named 15th in the list of the most powerful people in the world in Forbes magazine. In the same year, Modi’s name was also listed among the 100 most powerful people in the world by the Times of India.
In 2015, Modi ji was named the 13th most influential person in the world in Bloomberg Market magazine. And also he was named as the second most followed politician among the 30 most influential people on Twitter and Facebook in the Internet list released by Time magazine this year.
In 2014 and 2016, Modi’s name was announced as the winner of Time magazine’s Pathak Survey.
In the year 2016 itself, on the 3rd of April, Modi ji was given the highest civilian award of Saudi Arabia on the orders of Abdulaziz-Al-Saud. And on 4 June, Afghanistan’s highest civilian award was given on the state order of Ghazi Aamir Amanullah Khan.
In the years 2014, 2015 and 2017 too, Modi ji’s name was included in Time magazine among the 100 most influential people in the world. And in 2015, 2016 and 2018, Forbes magazine was among the 9 most powerful people in the world.
On February 10, 2018, he was honored with the Palestine’s highest civilian award ‘the Grand Kolar of the Palestine State’ for foreign dignitaries.
On September 27, 2018, Narendra Modi was awarded the Champions of Earth Award, which is the highest environmental honor of the United Nations, and the award was also presented to 5 other individuals and organizations who have won the leadership of the International Solar Alliance. And by 2022, it was resolved to end the use of plastic.
In the year 2018 itself, on October 24, he has been awarded the Seoul Peace Prize for Modi ji’s contribution to promote international cooperation and global economic development.
This year, on 22 February 2019, Modi ji received the prestigious Seoul Peace Prize 2018. And at the same time Modi ji’s name has also been nominated for this year’s ‘Nobel Peace Prize’ for starting the world’s largest healthcare scheme.
In this way, Modi has made a lot of achievements during his tenure from the time he became the Chief Minister to the time he became the Prime Minister and will continue to do so.
Narendra Modi in controversy and criticisms (Narendra Modi in Controversy)
The 2002 Gujarat riots were the biggest controversy in Modi’s career, under which critics said that Modi ji is the mastermind behind instigating this riot.
In 2002, Teesta Setalvad held Modiji responsible for the murder of her husband in Gulberg Society.
Narendra Modi ji’s name also came for Ishrat Jahan’s fake encounter. He was held responsible for this.
Narendra Modi’s marital status was also criticized by critics.
Since Modi ji’s name was coming out in the Gujarat riots, due to this, his visa was canceled by the United States.
In 2015, Narendra Modi ji wore a suit worth 10 lakh rupees, in which his name was written as ‘Narendra Modi’. He was criticized for this by critics.
It was for the first time in the Indian Parliament on 10 August 2018 that any comment of the Prime Minister was removed from the record of the Rajya Sabha. In his speech, congratulating Harivansh, after the election of Harivansh Rai Narayan Singh as the Deputy Speaker of the Rajya Sabha, PM Modi said that the election was between ‘two green’.
Likes and Dislikes of Narendra Modi
Food Habit Vegetarian
In literature, doing yoga and reading
Favorite politicians (Syama Prasad Mukherjee and Atal Bihari Vajpayee)
Favorite leader Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi and Swami Vivekananda
Narendra Modi’s Books
Books written by the author Narendra Modi ji
Narendra Modi – A Political Biography Andy Marino Jyotipunj
CenterStage: Inside the Narendra Modi Model of Governance Uday Mahurkar Abode of Love
Modi: Making of a Prime Minister: Leadership, Governance and Performance Vivian Fernandes Premarth
The Man of the Moment: Narendra Modi MV Kamath and Kalindi Randeri Kelway Te Kelavani
The Namo Story: A Political Life Kingshuk Nag Witness
Narendra Modi: The Gamechanger Sudesh Verma Social Harmony
Interesting information of Narendra Modi
As a child, Modi wanted to join the Indian Army, and he also tried to join the Sainik School. But due to poor financial condition, he could not enroll in Sainik School.
At the age of 17, Modi left his home and he went to travel to different parts of India.
Prime Minister Modi did not share his official residence with any of his family members.
He did a 3-month course on image management and public relations in the United States.
Modi ji considered Swami Vivekananda very much, he was his great follower.
After Barack Obama, Narendra Modi is the second most followed leader on Twitter, he has more than 12 million followers. Both Modi ji and Barack Obama are also very good friends.
In 2010, when Narendra Modi was serving as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Gujarat emerged as the second best state in the world.
Modi ji did not take a single day off during his 13 years as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Narendra Modi ji is active in various social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, due to which he is considered the most techno-savvy leader of India.
Modi ji always signs in Hindi language, whether it is a casual occasion or an official document.
In 2016, a wax statue of Modi ji has been made in Madame Tussaud Wax Museum, London.
Narendra Modi ji is really very religious, and he fasts for the whole 9 days during Navratri every year, even if he is traveling.
Modi ji only sleeps for 5 hours or less in a day.Modi ji is known for being very stylish in his dressing. She loves traditional Indian dress.
Narendra Modi’s thoughts
Once we decide that we have to do something, we can go ahead for miles.
All of us have both good and bad qualities, people who focus on good qualities are successful.
With the shotgun, you can make the earth red, but if you have the solution, you can make the earth green.
Everyone has the power to dream. But dreams should be converted into resolutions. Never let an idea die.
India is a young country, a country with such a large percentage has the potential to change not only India but the fate of the whole world.
After the success of Mars mission, no one can question the youth of India. Everything is indigenous.
Narendra Modi ji is such a person of our country whom people can never forget. In the 2019 general elections, Modi is again appearing as the Prime Ministerial candidate. We hope that once again Modi ji becomes the Prime Minister of the country and leads the country towards development.